Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Rosie The Riveter


In the States I have a fridge magnet and photo album with Rosie The Riveter. I understand she started as media propaganda for WWII, but I still like her confidence and her get it done vibe. My photo album is special because Alyssa gave it to me. Over the years, I have collected the history of some really special kids here in Haiti in my album.

So, when the girl, who I will call Rosie, showed up I noticed her right away. To say that from that day forward has been heartbreaking and difficult would be a gross understatement. Her life, from what we can tell, has been a string of worst case scenarios. Some of these things are very private and need not be talked about, but are things that we are dealing with in order to save her and her babies life. It has been very hard to connect with her because she is in such a bad place and honestly we don't have the answers she needs. This morning in my prayer time it hit me, I prayed for her to come to my gate! I said, yes, Lord I am willing. What on earth was I thinking! Seriously, what was I thinking? I might be white, I might be American but contrary to popular Haitian belief, this is not the combination for bringing the magic answer to everything here in Haiti. Rosie looks good on the fridge, but now Rosie is sitting on my porch and I don't have a clue what we should do next.

Lord, we need you and your wisdom! We said, yes and now we wait on you! Come Lord!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

this gave me goosebumps....and it breaks my heart. i've been trying so hard to "distance" myself since I'm leaving because it's hard enough as it is to leave, but it's not working...

samws said...

Blessings, I have just sent your prayer request to all my email addresses all over the world.
We miss and Love Ya All. Sam & Elaine