Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Broken Gate - Again

UPDATE: Rosie came to our gate around dinner time last night to get money for little man! I was really happy to see her. Yes, my heart skipped a few beats when I didn't see him with her. As I reviewed the paper work she gave me, I could see that it was dated for 5/21/08 - that is a good thing. I asked her if she understood what was wrong with the him, she didn't. She said he still wasn't eating. I gave her money for the meds, tap tap and food and sent her back to the hospital asking her to bring little man to see me when he got out of the hospital.


Our gate is broken - again! This seems to be an on going issue for Dan. Almost like clock work each month the gate breaks. Why? I am not really sure. Well, I have a few ideas but it shouldn't really be all that complicated, but it is for many reasons. One of them is our yard guy, Billy. He seems to have a natural skill for breaking it. Not that he means to, it just happens. Like the time he forgot to close the door on the gate and opened it with the door wide open. So, each month Dan learns a new skill for fixing the gate. This months lesson was welding. John and Dan spent a good part of the morning welding the gate back together. Plumber, service engineer and now welder!
I can now also add carpenter to the list since he just finished a new shelf for the store we have here for the women to sell their things.
You just never know what God is doing in your life when he pulls all of our random talents together to complete the big picture. He is the guy who keeps the house running while I do all the other classes. Team work - OK, that is a whole different blog.