I am always in awe of what happens at the birthing center.
This program runs like a well oiled machine because of the love and support of women helping women.
The Women's Program is in need of some supplies.
If you have or would like to donate any of these things please let me know and I will be happy to bring them on my next trip. Below is a note from Beth McHoul in Haiti.
If you are going to be traveling to Haiti soon, and would be willing to pack extra stuff in your bags for us, please let us know. Heartline's Maternity Center is in need of the following supplies ASAP. Thanks in advance!
1. Pregnancy tests
2. Prenatal vitamins
3. Urine (UA) test strips (in bottles of 100 test strips)
4. New women's underwear: sizes 5, 6, 7, and 8
5. Extra large maxi pads (we especially need the extra-large size Depends-type pads that are approximately 6x10 inches)
6. Large maxi pads
7. New cloth diapers and new plastic diaper covers
8. Newborn size disposable diapers
9. New, basic (rubber/plastic) flip-flops (women's size 7-10), any colors
10. New toiletry supplies: small bottles of baby powder, large women's deodorant, large combs, medium size bottles of hand/bottle lotion
11. New washcloths and hand towels
12. Individual Gatorade packets and large canisters of Gatorade or Power-Ade powder
13. IV catheters: 18, 20, 22, and 24 gauge
14. 3M Durapore brand tape
15. New, durable metal or plastic water bottles (such as Nalgene)
16. New baby socks (size 0-6 months)