Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, May 23, 2008

Not Sleeping


Right before I travel I end up in these bizarre sleeping patterns. I go to bed, sleep really hard for about four hours and wake up thinking about all the things I need to do while telling myself to go back to sleep. So, here I am again, a week before I leave for the States thinking about all the stuff I have to do at one o'clock in the morning. This time, however, not only am I thinking about stuff I have to get at Target (my favorite store) I am thinking about something Rod said last weekend at the youth retreat.

Everyone, I would like you to meet Rod and Brittany. Rod is a teacher at QCS and helps out with worship at our church. He does a great job! Brittany teaches pre-school with Bill and Sue a.k.a Ted and Lisa. It has been fun getting to know them and hang out with them. By the way, Rod said there is no restaurant called "Outback Steak House" in Australia.

Here's the scoop on what has been creeping into my sleep or my not sleeping I should say. As we sat and ate our hard boiled eggs, banana and raisin bread for breakfast Rod said something like... I think we are eating placenta's for breakfast. Our conversation made a wicked left hand turn down the road to midwifery leading us to the group of people who eat placenta's becasue, and I guote, "they have everything you need in them and are good for you". For a week now I have been trying to get this notion out of my head, but it isn't leaving any time soon as far as I can tell.
This isn't a good thing to have stuck in my head because we have eggs as a meal on a regular basis here since it is a very cheap meal.

I think this is one of those things you tell yourself not to think about and it turns into something you can't stop thinking about.

No comments: