Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Vanette and Katie's Bag








Maybe you could call me the purse police! I am always on the look out for a new idea. The idea for this bag came as I walked down the street with Katie. She hadn't been here more than an hour or two but I had my eye on her bag. She mentioned that it was a gift from her sister on her recent trip to Africa - perfect! As soon as I could I was asking her if I could "borrow" her bag so I could use it for a pattern.
She was happy to help and put all of her stuff in a plastic bag so I could use it for a few days. Our program has come full circle! Katie's sister helped a woman in Africa, now Katie was helping another woman in Haiti! Her name is Vanette. Vanette came to us while she was pregnant with her youngest baby, Michael. She graduated from literacy school and sewing school! She is amazing! She is working to support her family making "Katie Bags". I am really proud of her for how hard she has worked to make her life better.

This is the second style of bags that we will have available for you to purchase to help support Vanette and her family!

No comments: