Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's Not About The Walk - It's About The Journey



Yesterday we walked to Jacmel. Our journey started when we left the house at 3:30 in the morning, dranking good strong coffee we picked up Beth and met up with the Hojara's (plus twenty five kids) and made our way up this side of the mountain. Dan and Ted would take us in trucks up this side of the mountain, we would walk across to Sequin and they would pick us up on the other side - easy!
I did say MOUNTAIN!
I am sore this morning, but I am really happy I did it. They say, it is easier the second time! I guess I am still in the place that you are in after you have a baby! Meaning, it takes awhile before you think you can do it again! So, ask me in couple of weeks.

As we walked the teenagers left us in the dust! Beth, Lisa and I made our way slow and steady over the trail. I can still hear Beth's words, "Yeah, for us it is about the journey and not just the walk!"

More on the walk later....Enjoy your journey!

1 comment:

samws said...

samwsWhat about an old man like me, do you think I can make it,
HA HA.
Sam