Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Learning To Live Loved


I am almost finished with "The Shack". It has been one of those books that has taken me forever to finish because at the end of the day I can only read a page or two and I end up falling asleep.

I have a few favorite parts but hands down I LOVE the line that says....Learning To Live Loved.

Living in Haiti I want to know what a Haitian would think of this book. They understand the pain of life so much more than what I have ever known and understand the loss of a child as part of life here. Would they understand or embrace God being a black woman? And yet that is one of my favorite parts. Everyone wants to live their life being loved, by God, by someone, right? But what does that look like here? I don't know, maybe they would love it - a sweet mama to take care of them. What about the white baby born with all the animals to a teenager mother? I wouldn't think that would fit either but that is the story of Jesus and his birth. Our picture of God is important and it often has to change. Change can be painful. No matter what my picture is or your picture is, it is most important that we learn to live being loved. I am willing to learn.

No comments: