Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Monday, February 4, 2008

You have to be kidding! (plus a rooster update)

On Saturday when Dan got home from the men's seminar at church he asked if I had the number to Visa Lodge? What? Yeah, we (Dan, Ted and John) are gonna rent a room to watch the Super Bowl? You have to be kidding me! We live in Haiti and haven't watched television since November 26 when we got here. Every once and awhile I wonder what Oprah and Anderson Cooper are talking about but, I could care less about watching television. Dan, on the other hand is a major, major football person! You know the kind that lay on the floor beating the ground to help the ball get in the end zone. Ted, he is a football guy too, but not like Dan. John, he is a fake pastor kind of guy who likes books and old Star Trek videos, so I think this is the most shocking part to me. But, they are not kidding, they have a plan! We will eat a buffet lunch at Visa Lodge after church with Jes, Rosemine and her girls, swim for a few hours to pass the time so they can lay on the beds in the a/c eating beef jerky, jujyfruits and ham sandwiches. This has to be a complete guy thing!

Follow Up:
On January 25th, Dan killed the rooster! Well, he didn't kill the rooster and chickens on purpose! It was the spray we used for the wicked bad ticks and fleas in the depot behind the house. It was rooster and chickens all at once and had nothing to do with our new dog - Uno. It took less than a week since we moved in and it cost 300 Haitian dollars...

1 comment:

misshillary said...

Soooo! Did you guys get to see the Superbowl? More importantly, did you get to see the last 15 minutes of the Superbowl. I, even, I a women of no great interest in the game, screamed myself horse in those last fabulous minutes. My lips are sealed just in case:)

Sheila I miss your "laugh attacks" - they are awe inspiring and often horrifying all at once...how I wish I had been there.

I'll being praying for more poultry. Keep us updated. Plus sewing school starts the 18th right. Praying for THAT!!!!

Love you and miss you more than you can imagine. Hillary