Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Right In The Middle Of Dinner



Cooking here has been a real learning process, or should I say challenge. I can't say I was a great cook in the States, but I did have the ability to do a few things right, often doing things by opening a can, dumping and hoping it turned out O.K. - I considered the crock pot one of my best friends! You have to make due with what you have here, or don't have as the case may be most of the time. My kitchen is stocked with only the basic stuff. Most days I don't feel like eating dinner and you can forget the drive thru at Mickey D's to make the kids happy. I would be happy with pop corn cooked the old fashion way with EVOO. It is a bummer that I don't really have a good pop corn pot, so popcorn tends to burn most of the time, well, every time. Yet, another lesson in the purchase of third world pots and pans.

Today was no different, always an adventure. I was in a hurry to get ready for Rosemine and Baby to come over M,W,F at 6:30 for our language lessons. I had promised Parker pancakes, we would now settle for french toast, eggs and bacon. It was close! I had a good start on dinner when I noticed nothing was happening on the stove. Out of gas! Right in the middle of cooking dinner, no less! It was now 6:00, the guard was here and needed his security stuff, his water and his dinner! I needed gas to finish our dinner.

I am thankful we had another tank and I could finish with no problem, since my yard man was here! Dan the yard man! I am sure Dan never thought he would have days like these, cooking tanks, gas tanks, generator tanks and water tanks!

No comments: