Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Have Annie, Will Travel


We arrived in Haiti on November 26, 2007. It was a life changing day for us and was marked in my mind by the birth of Annie Grace. She was born to a women who has attend our woman's program, who was in very poor health herself and couldn't take care of another child. This mom is also the birth mom of an adopted child of our friends Tara and Troy who are here in Haiti. Annie Grace, however, will be going to live with Tara's sister. She will live with them until her adoption can be complete.

Tara and Troy have a lot to do with a really big team, their family, home school and so on. They needed help since Annie's nanny is on vacation and Jes, who is here helping John and Beth, had to go back to the States for her grandfathers funeral. So, I said, I would help. No problem, Annie is kind of special to us. Tara went over all the details and provided me with a detailed list of what I should expect. On my way out the door Tara said, oh, do you want the portable crib? Yes, I said!

Friday was here and it was time for Troy to drop off Annie on his airport run. I went and got Annie at the baby house after we finished some shopping. No portable crib, not to worry. I didn't think about the fact I was at the baby house I could just ask for one to borrow for a few days. I was in a hurry. I would think of something. I am a mother and have taken care of many children. I am sure when Tara asked if I would watch Annie she wasn't thinking I wouldn't put her in a suitcase. She fits perfectly! This is the life of two mom's with a lot on their plate.

No comments: