Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, February 1, 2008

All In One Day.....




I am the kind of person that can go and go and go and than all of a sudden I have what I call a laugh attack. Most of the time the reason I am laughing isn't funny at all. Wednesday was one of those very days. I am sure you have had them yourself. They start out normal and all of sudden it is like you are on the most wicked version of Mr. Toad's wild ride.
We always have a busy day on Wednesday with the woman's program but today was even more so because we had started testing for sewing school. Lisa came with a mother and her three children who where at her gate earlier in the morning. The mother couldn't keep the youngest child, a baby girl, only ten days old because of a conflict with her husband. It was now twelve o'clock and the pregnant ladies would be here for class. I had returned with Agahte and her two babies so she could translate for me. We now had to do a Power Point of the stages of pregnancy, three pregnancy tests, an HIV test, feed nineteen ladies and give out malaria meds for eight.
By one o'clock John would come and talk to the babies mother because we had a potential home for her. After the interview Jes went to get blood work done. She returned and it was now three o'clock, I should have left by two thirty to get the kids from school. We stopped at the baby house to get Jes a few supplies, dropped Agahte off and made our way to the school only to stop half way there because we had a flat tire. A flat in the same tire Dan had fixed last week. What to do? No spare, a missing part to the jack, language barrier, one pump that plugged into the cigarette lighter that was broken. We soon had a knight in shining armor with a jack and a crowd watching. When all of a sudden the jack slipped with the guy under the car. It started! I had reached my full and spilling over limit! I was in the middle of the street trying to talk to Lisa having a laugh attack! I finally recovered and knew I shouldn't say, "what else could go wrong". Lisa and Zack had now arrived after getting my kids from school while Jes and I waited on the side of the road. Three hours later we would be on our way back to the house.
If I learned anything from my day, I learned that life in such a hard place is so fragile. Fragile for the young woman and baby who tested positive for HIV. Fragile for the mama who had to leave her husband and give up her baby and find a way to care for her other two children not knowing that she too would have HIV. Fragile for myself and my family apart from Jesus who strengthens us to do all things. It is in His strength that we live and minister in Haiti.

2 comments:

David Copeland said...

lot's of medicine today huh?

jes with one s said...

don't ask how i ended up reading this blog entry right now but i definitely laughed out loud as i recalled that day...oh man.