Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Monday, February 22, 2010

How Are The Sewing Ladies?


As we drove from the airport to the women's program house a.k.a the hospital, I saw the sewing ladies walking down the road.
They had just finished sewing for the day.
I couldn't help myself from yelling out to them.
Never did I think they would all start screaming and run after the truck!
It was by far more than my heart ever could have dreamed of for a reunion with them.
I missed them so very much!
We hugged and cried together!
It was late but I promised we would spend time together talking about all that had happened to them over the next few days.
I had 100 pounds of fabric for them and lots of new thread.
My trips had many sweet reunions and they did my heart so much good.
How could anyone not love this place and these people.

Everyone has been asking, "how are the sewing ladies"?
Physically they are fine!
My goal was to make sure that each lady was physically fine and to see what happened with her family.
Did they have food, water and medication that they may need.
Housing, well, that would be a whole different story.
They all had moved out of their house no matter what the story or condition was.
It didn't matter if they had a few cracks or if the wall could have been pushed over with one strong push, they all had made the choice to sleep outside in groups because of what "might" or "could" happen.
Many have been given tents or tarps to live in or under and that was the end of the story.

Over the next few days I would sit down with each of them and ask about their house.
I would go and visit a few of them so that I could see first hand what the condition of the house was.
I was pleased that for most of them their houses only had minor work needed.
The work that needed to be done would need to be done without cement and block.
Fear had taken over their hearts and minds.
Rightfully so, from where I was sitting.
How was I going to tell them everything was going to be fine, I was getting on a plane in a few days.
It wasn't sitting well with me that I was just going to drop off fabric and leave again.
The things we fear are not always rational, no matter who we are or where we live.
I had a headache, I had no answers, I would need time to pray about just what I would say.
Tomorrow I would try again.

No comments: