Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Forget Sleeping

Wednesday, January 13, 2010, it is 3:22 AM
Who knew that Harley Boy snores just as much as Dan.
I am on the couch trying to escape the thunder coming from the left side of my bed by sleeping on the couch and it seems that Harley Boy snores just as much as Dan.
Oh well, I guess it really doesn't matter, I can't sleep anyway.
An earthquake registering 7.0 hit Haiti on Tuesday.
Even on Haiti's best day things didn't look good for the people.
I can't imagine what things must be like there.
I have been running every scenario known to man in my mind of what must be going on right now.
Wondering what will be happening when it is day light, how long it will take to get Aid in and how long it will take to get this mess cleaned up.
All of this has been replaying in my mind blocking the process of sleep.
It is much like a yo-yo.
So many things seem like they should be private and yet this is Haiti's chance for the world to step up and help.
As Maddie said, "why did this have to happen so the news would ask the world for help"?
Good question, Sweetheart.
I feel guilty that I am even thinking I should be sleeping.
Earlier in the day I had posted a link from PBS about all the new possibilities coming to Haiti with the hope that the garment industry will start to bring in businesses and jobs for the people of Haiti.
I have been glued to the television, on the telephone and checking Facebook for updates every few minutes.
When the news of the earthquake finally made it's way to our house around 5:30 p.m. my kids grabbed Sharpies and paper to make signs to hang from our mailbox asking people to be praying for the children of Haiti.
This still makes me cry!

I can't help but think of all the people that I know wondering if they are all OK.
I am thinking about all the kids from the creches sleeping in the Buxman's driveway because it isn't safe to go back inside.
What about all my sewing ladies?
Dear God in Heaven, please take care of them.
I was just talking with Marjorie today about coming to visit.
They need fabric and thread.
Dear God, please let her be safe.
Surreal is the word I would use.
Yet I am lost for words.
Lord, please let the world get it.

1 comment:

Brandybuzz said...

I am praying for your loved ones in Haiti and the ministry that you have built. The heart of compassion that your kids have is so beautiful. I am also praying for God to impress in my heart how He would like for our family to give. Thank you for your ministry to women and children!