Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Life In The States


We will be in the States for two months.
I am thinkin' life in the States may take some getting used to.
As we waited for our plane to get into Miami because of the bad weather in Atlanta we passed the time people watching and eating really bad airport food that costs too much money.
I told Dan, when we are in Haiti we talk about how limited and expensive food is at the grocery store and when we are in the airport in the State we talk about how expensive and limited the food is in the airport.
Based on how many times I burped bad tasting airport food while we waited I pick the food in Haiti. I am hoping that changes soon.
I knew being here was going to take some getting used to, when I went to the bathroom with Parker for what seemed like the twentieth time and I saw a woman brushing her teeth with tap water.
I panicked because she was using the tap water to brush her teeth.
"You can do that here", I said to myself as I gasped for air thinking, I hope she travels with Cipro.

No comments: