Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Healing Adventure



Driving across the United States was not what I had in mind for the summer!
I was trying to be positive and tell myself it would be fine but before we left Haiti I would randomly spend a good bit of time on-line looking for a great deal on Travelocity trying to find tickets so we wouldn't have to spend so much of our trip in the car. It made me crabby just thinking about it but we just didn't have the extra cash to pop for tickets.

We had tried to sell our car many times over this past year and a half and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why no one wanted it. It was a great car for a kid going off to school, but we never did get a bite on the darn thing.

We left Atlanta with my source of irritation now looking like a really great blessing. We had it packed to the brim, the new portable DVD player hooked up to the head rests and the trunk packed just right. Packing is Dan's gift not mine, if I would have packed it things would have fallen out every time we opened it. The same rule applies to our suitcases, this is why we can never share a suitcase!

The greatest source of irritation was now the thing that was suppose to help us never get lost! It is beyond me how we ever lived without a GPS! I mean really, what is wrong with a map! I will admit I am not good at reading maps but it seems to me that when you have the GPS you throw your common sense out the window at times believing that this things knows where it is taking you. I will just say we got lost more than once with this stupid thing.

We did have to get new brakes when we finally got to Minnesota, but $125 and a few hundred dollars in gas, hotel and food was looking more and more like it was the better deal. We had the freedom to come and go as we pleased and we took our time, that in itself was a gift.

As we passed through South Dakota into Wyoming the thought that you can find healing in the adventure came across my mind. It was now clear that the time away from our busy life on the mission field of Haiti, hundreds of miles of beautiful green fields, random coffee breaks at rest stops, long conversations on a cell phone with out needing a new Digicel card, seeing friends and sleeping in past six every morning in a/c seemed to be the medicine the good Lord knew we needed.

There is a simple beauty and pleasure, healing if you will, in everything being so green, something that is good for your soul, something you can't put in words.

You just know it is happening as the miles, the sunsets and days slip past.
Many times I have whispered thank you Lord to myself.

No comments: