Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Adjustments


I am still in the I need to get everything done as fast as I can mode of thinking. I still think I am leaving in a week. It hasn't completely sunk in that we are here for two months and I need to chill. I still have to tell myself that I don't need to stop at Wal-Mart or Target every time we drive past one just in case I need something. When I do go to the store I fight the need to stock up on canned chicken, cereal, hair dye and Gatorade.
We are still in major junk food mode!
I think the produce section in the grocery store is now my favorite thing in the States. Well, that and all the green grass!
I still can feel very out of place at times.
It is funny how quickly you can fall back into thinking you "need" the newest, latest and greatest everything.
The States is a funny place.
People have everything and still think they have nothing.
The States is a place of abundance. Truthfully, the abundance is what makes me feel uncomfortable at times.
Haiti and most of the world has so little. Yet, in many respects, it has so much.
Most people just can't see it that way. Which is not so very different from being here.
It is a shame really. People in Haiti are forced, in many respects, to live a very simple life. Many of them are always wanting more and think life would be better in the States.
Here many are trying to figure out how to get less and manage what they have now that they have the American Dream and now can't afford it.

Two very different worlds with so much to offer each other.

No comments: