Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Liver Spots

So just when I think I am daring enough to say..."I get it", something like this happens and I know I don't have a clue.
This baby was born at General hospital on Tuesday and came with his mama on Thursday for his well baby check up.
He had no name, he had a fever of 101.8, yet he was wrapped in big blankets.
He had a wide linen band around his tummy to protect and cover the cord not allowing for any air to get in and heal it. His cord was tied off with an ugly old looking string and smelled really bad.
I can't say I understand, but in some respects it was all normal and could be fixed quickly enough.
I assumed he had a hard time getting here with the bruises on his body. Was her labor long?
No! No, problems!
Excuse me?
I was told those marks on his sholders are there because his mama couldn't get the food she wanted while she was pregnant.
No words came to mind. My radar was blank.
OK....I'll bite! What is it that she wanted to eat?
Liver....
Still blank......
This gave a whole new meaning to liver spots.
I was now a deer caught in head lights.
Marjorie has no idea what a deer caught in head lights means but she didn't miss a beat and told me that if you can't get the food you are craving while you are pregnant and you rub your stomach touching any part of the baby you will leave these kind of spots on the baby.
Yep, that helped me alot.
Marjorie continued, Madame Sheila, if I wanted coffee with cream and I couldn't get it the baby would have coffee colored spots.
I considered saying something.
I thought of several things to say actually.
None of it would have really mattered at this point so I thought we should talk about a name for this little guy.
I was thinking Ti Bo a.k.a. little kiss since he seemed to have been touched by something special in his young life.
No! That wasn't a good name.
I will check him again on Tuesday.

4 comments:

Jess Furrow said...

haha thats so funny about liver spots and coffee colored spots, i would have just started laughing had she told me that, good job keeping your composure ;)

Grace said...

TiBo is a really cute name. You should have named him that. Okay, I think I love the name so much because theres this certain kid named TiBo that I'm so in love with :)

God's Plumbline Ministries said...

You will be happy to know she agreed to TiBo on Tuesday since she still didn't have a name......??

Alyssa Rae said...

All I can say is that I am your child and that I can see your face as this conversation is going on and all I have to say is it is a good thing that I was not there because the amount of laughter coming from my mouth would have been highly inappropriate