Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Girls From Faith Academy


1982's Best Picture Oscar Winner: Ghandi
1982's Grammy For Best New Artist: Men At Work
1982's Grammy Record of the Year: Rosanna - Toto
Yearly Inflation Rate: USA 6.16 %
Average Cost of new house: $82,200.00
Average Income per year: $21,050.00
Average Monthly Rent: $320.00
Cost of a gallon of Gas: 91 cents
New Car Average price: $7,983.00
US Postage Stamp: 20 cents
If you go back to May of 1982 I was just graduating from high school at Faith Academy. I was seventeen. I saw Ghandi and remember the songs but very little of the other things mattered to me. I just wanted OUT of high school. I met Dan when I was fifteen at Faith Academy - that is a whole different blog.
When I think back to the friends I had I believed we would be friends forever. I did stay connected with a hand full of them. But for the most part we all went our seperate ways.
Last night I had dinner with that hand full of friends and a few others. It is simply amazing to me that the same girls I hung out with in high school are now mom's, wives and people I still think are pretty cool.
We talked about where our lives have taken us and all that we have done. We talked about funny things and a few sad things. We got caught up on kids, jobs, husbands and loved every minute of it.

No comments: