Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Thursday, February 19, 2009

United Nations (MINUSTAH)

I Googled you, she said.
It still sounds funny to me when I think about it.
But, this is how Amelia Shaw and the UN ended up coming to do a story on sewing school. I couldn't imagine how on earth she had found out about us. At first I thought John had been talking to someone. Next, I guessed it was Dave, a pilot who works for the UN and attends our church.

As Amelia was finishing up her story on Tuesday I couldn't stand it any more. I had to know how she found out about us.
"I Googled you"!
It is amazing to me that we live in this day and age where we can be Googled. We have found our street here in Haiti on Google Earth. That is crazy!

As it turns out she had gotten a Haiti News Alert with an on-line news story. When she did her search she found the recent story about us in The Villages newspaper. As she read the story she saw that we lived in Haiti and decieded to find us. When she Googled us our blog came up. It was that easy. She sent us an email to set up an interview and spent the morning with us seeing what we do.

The story will run on Haitian television after Carnival and be sent to New York. Amelia had come to Haiti to do some film work and always wanted to be a journalist. She said it was always something she wanted to do but didn't go to school for it. She has always liked to live in different cultures and went to school for anthropology. When all the trouble started in 2004 the BBC had known about her living here and asked her to start doing some work for them and that is how she ended up with the UN.

I don't think they Googled her...but I am glad she Googled us.

1 comment:

Traveller said...

To google or not to google: Made me think of a local radio ad where a young man tells his mom things he found about his prospective new boss, a woman. His mom wanted to know how he managed to get so much info on his new boss and when he replied, "oh, I googled her", his mom gets the wrong idea and very indignantly tells her son he wasn't raised to speak like that:) Well, I'm glad she googled you, and who knows who might be googling you this very minute?! Love, Patricia (Cape Town)