Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Birthday!!



He didn't show up dressed in a red suit.
He drove up to the gate in his white Toyota pick up, minus Rudolph of course. He simply honked so I would come out to the gate and check out his load.
A birthday cake would have been appropriate, but he didn't know what today was and he had something so much better.
He says he's just a bag of dirt the Lord put breath into....maybe.
I am not allowed to give him any glory - it was all God. He said he is just the yard guy....maybe.
Two days ago if you read my Facebook status it said, Sheila needs fabric!
Do you think he read my Facebook status and just happened to have twenty-one bags of perfect fabric? Maybe.
So, now that we are not talking about the Santa Claus looking guy in the picture, I am free to talk about what today was.
Today the sewing program celebrated it's one year birthday!
I thought about making a cake, but forgot. I am sorry to say I had thought about it earlier in the week but by the time today came I had forgotten all about it and moved on to the next thing.
Today the ladies started taking their written exams on shirts. I am very behind in grading paper projects and needed to spend the morning getting caught up with a number of things.
It was now nine o'clock, I had just heated up my coffee that Dan made me at six o'clock this morning before he did devotions with John that I didn't get to drink because I was going out for my run/walk when my phone rang. It was Dan telling me that we had a delivery coming from the yard guy, you know the one in the picture.
I'll admit I was thinking about freaking out!
Yes, I wanted and needed fabric but what on earth was I going to do with twenty-one bags of fabric? But as luck would have it (or something like that) I had just collected all the extra bins last week and had them sitting up stairs. Empty, Ready and Waiting!
The yard guy explained to me that these bags may not have anything I needed in them because the label said, upholstery fabric.
Ha! Funny! That is exactly what we need! As we opened all the bags I started to cry! It was overwhelming! So many perfect and beautiful fabrics! The yard guy said it's all about our brokenness and our willingness to let God use us in any way He can and he didn't have anything to do with it....maybe.
Everyone who walked in this morning wanted to know what on earth happened? The ladies said it was a cyclone!
All I can say is it was better than Christmas and one really great birthday party for the sewing ladies! Thanks to some yard guy!
He isn't too bad at diet coke and pepper jack cheese either!

3 comments:

Pye's In Haiti said...

That is so kool! Happy Birthday! I LOVE it when God surprises us!

BSC said...

Happy Birthday!!! Can't wait to see what gets made out of all that wonderful fabric.

Blessings,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord. I love hearing stories like this! God has such a sense of humor, and his time is always perfect!!!

~Amy in WI