Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, February 20, 2009

I always wonder what Jesus thinks about her when I drive by. I find myself checking on her to see if she is there. When she isn't I wonder what she is doing. She sits alone everyday at the intersection right in front of the Deli Mart.
I think she was beautiful at one time, she still is in a way that I don't have words to describe.
She is dirty, but her hands are thin and elegant. She has fragile features and perfect skin.
I wonder if she has children.
How is it that this corner is her home?
She has bags and bags of things that she has collected around her and under her clothes.
I asked her if she was sick but when she answered she wasn't talking to me. She was looking at me but she wasn't seeing me.
The two boys who stopped to ask me for food said she wasn't sick she was a fool.
I knew no one ever talked to her because when I stopped and got out of the truck I instantly had a crowd around me laughing.
As the crowd grew Dan thought he would see if she needed money before we left.
It seemed to me she carried all she needed with her and money had no value.
I think I will stop again and see if she will tell me her name.

I think Jesus would wash her feet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaaaa, we still think alike...before reading the article I saw the picture and thought, "how absolutely beautiful she is"! hhopefully you'll get to talk to her again....

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...and if she would speak to you, I'm sure her story would be beatiful and heartbreaking, all at once. I pray she knows Jesus...maybe she does and she know that's all she needs.

(I ponder - Has she been hurt by people so badly that she is now unwilling to trust anyone?)

~Amy in WI

Anonymous said...

Wow. Beautiful post. Haiti puts things in perspective.