Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lost In Argentina

We got up at 3:45 a.m. and drove to the airport in Minneapolis last Thursday for our 6:00 a.m. flight. When we travel my carry on is always full of frozen food. I am used to the funny looks and the security scanner stopping with my bag being double checked as they look around for the strange person that has frozen fish, frozen hamburger, frozen cheese and coffee in their bag.
This time we couldn't fit the Fugi apples in my bag so against my better judgement they went in with the checked bags.
I was arguing with myself, half of me thought they would be fine.
In all of the trips we have made to different countries I have never really lost more than one bag and it was only for a day, not a big deal.

After our four hour lay over and lunch at Chili's we are standing in the PAP airport, almost everyone was gone. Two large teams stood waiting with us in their matching bright red t-shirts. They didn't have all their bags, so I really thought my bag would be coming soon - no such luck.
I began digging for the paperwork finally finally finding the bag tickets. My heart sank when I saw that one of the tags wasn't even ours. Some how the tags had gotten switched on our bag. I understand, it was 4:30 a.m.
Not only was the tag not ours but our bag went to Argentina.
At 4:30 a.m. I wasn't checking tags, I was needing coffee, strong coffee.

I began making a mental list of things in the bag.....
12 Fugi Apples
Itrip
50 spools of quiting thread
Sewing Machine Needles #18
Tracing Wheels
Sewing Machine Oil
Dirtiest Jobs DVD set
Deadliest Catch DVD set
Tea from Teavana
Tea filter from Teavana
Assorted Teas from Tea Source
Movies for the kids from Wal-mart
Pillows
Pot holders

I am not thinking my apples are going to be very good if they ever make it to Haiti from Argentina.

No comments: