Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let Me In


We got back to Haiti last week. It is good to be back home. I wasn't sure what I would think about leaving and coming back since I haven't left since November. But, again, I am really happy to be back. We are busy with a nanny training seminar and many visitors.

My friend Hillary is finally here in Haiti after her drama in Miami and me having to leave her there over night. She is now seeing Haiti the real way - in the back of the truck with all our other guests. (She is the one in the middle.) Many of our trips have to do with long wild rides in the back of our truck. When we finally stopped long enough for her to look in the mirror she said - you didn't tell me I was grey. She wasn't talking about the roots of her hair either, it was the ever present layer of dust.

I keep asking her if she would like to write a blog but maybe she isn't sure what she thinks. She has heard me talk about Haiti for eight years and now it is her own experience. It must be OK because she says she is coming back in October to do our "Walk For Haiti" in the mountains to Jacmel.

I will keep you posted with details about the walk.......it will be an adventure.

2 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

can you email me and tell me more about your walk for haiti in October?
I'm so curious.
thanks.
:)jamie
jamie at aaronivey.com

of course leave out the spaces and change the at to @

;)

God's Plumbline Ministries said...

Jamie - I have posted hope walk Haiti info.