Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Cake Beat Her?


Every year for as long as I can remember, my mom has made me a Waldorf Astoria Cake for my birthday. This year would be no different. I have declared, "I will eat cake for the next three days". In the South, you would call this cake Red Velvet cake - don't be fooled, they are NOT the same. I don't like Haitian cake, it reminds me of cornbread with marshmellow frosting.

I have never made one of these cakes and I can say right now, I will never make one of these cakes. I am not the "cream and gradually mix until smooth" kind of baker. I like the one bowl, dump and bake kind of cakes, bars and cookies. This year Maddie got in on the baking action with my mom since she wants to be a chef and move to Paris when she gets bigger. As my mom was getting the batter into the pans she asked if I thought the kids would want to lick the beaters or would it be a problem since we have three kids and only two beaters. I considered not asking them and licking them myself but I had already had two spoonfuls of batter.

I am not clear on what happened next. I asked if they wanted the beaters and the next thing I know Maddie and Parker are attacking Alyssa on the air mattress in the middle of the living room. I hear Alyssa saying, Mom, why did you say that?

Say what?

Here is what happened. I asked if they wanted the beaters and they heard me say... beat her! OK - I am pretty sure this was the plan since early this morning when I broke up the first hog pile of the day. They just needed an excuse to attack Alyssa again since I have been telling them to stop jumping on the air mattress all week because they will pop them. This has been a favorite past time since they have been little. Nothing has changed since Alyssa went away to school and we moved to Haiti. It has become normal that we have a hog pile in the middle of the living room several times a day every time they get together. It doesn't really matter that I have told them to stop, they are magnets and it is part of being together and watching t.v. together.

Life is Good!

No comments: