Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Monday, June 2, 2008

Atlanta

Wow! Talk about culture shock! I haven't been back to the States since Thanksgiving! Being back in Atlanta is good and strange all at the same time. It is wonderful to be with my friends and family. I still think I drive a four wheel drive stick shift and can't seem to find the courage to stick my tooth brush under the tap to rinse it off. A hot shower - whoa! I couldn't seem to make choices in Wal-mart so I put half of what I went for back because I just couldn't seem to handle the fact I had the choice of five different Igloo's to choose from. I needed to think about if for awhile. They now have Cool Whip in a can and it tastes like regular Cool Whip - how very American. I am happy to report I have already had real Mexican food and it was awesome! I have adjusted very well to the fact that there are no barking dogs surrounding my parents house so sleeping is nice. My kids have four open boxes of their favorite cereals and are eating them at various times of the day just because they can. Strawberries are in season! Indiana Jones has been seen - we will work on the Panda, Prince and Iron Man.

Good news! We have sold seventeen purses and have two more speaking appointments - I hope we sell them all!

No comments: