Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

a few more thoughts on Hope...


I've asked a few people about Peter's stinging words.
Wondering what they would say if asked to explain the reason for their hope.
The answers have been mixed.
It's neither good, nor bad.
Some gave very "spiritual"answers, others "pat" answers, never giving it another thought.
Maybe it was too overwhelming or unfair.

Maybe...

Honestly, that wasn't what I was looking for.
I wanted to know what their heart was saying.
Have they ever really thought about it?
It wasn't a test.
Maybe it felt like one.
I was just wondering.

For me, I can still feel the sting of the words.
I have done some soul searching.
Lots of praying.

It was while I was having lunch with a friend that I made some progress on this whole matter of hope.
I always take something of value with me when we spend time together.
She suggested that maybe I was beating myself up.
I was only called to do my part.
She reminded me about being a voice for the poor, even if it is just one and that I was able to sit down with each woman and talk about what options she now had because of the sewing school.
Each woman had saved enough money to help her family and had taken the steps to have a better life for her and her children.
It took courage and it paid off.
She now had money in her bank account and was going to work everyday.

We have a living HOPE in Jesus, He and he alone gives us eternal life...yet, we must not forget to be a part of that hope.

No comments: