Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Dan's Haiti Trip



I would like Dan to write a blog about his trip rather than me telling you about it.
Maybe he will.
He says, I am the writer.
So, if I am the writer, I guess I have permission to say what I want.

One of the things that sticks out for me after listening to him tell about his trip was, he feels like his heart changed on this trip toward the people of Haiti.
He now sees things very differently, it was all so hard to take in and comprehend.

When you work at something for a long time, it can become your "job" and not your passion.
You often forget about the people that you are working with (and for) because you are so busy trying to "do your job".
This rule applies to both the corporate world and the ever so crazy world of missions and humanitarian work.
I think we have all seen the news reports with all the supplies sitting around waiting and waiting until everyone gets done making all the "rules".
Meanwhile the whole country be eating three meals a day.
Sean Penn called it an apocalypse.

I keep thinking about the words of Jesus - "don't despise small beginnings".....
It seems to me, it is small beginnings that make the big picture happen.

1 comment:

Brandybuzz said...

True: I do find myself loosing the passion for the kids I work with because it does become a "job" at times and I am so focused on my "schedule" Talk about refocusing my eyes on Jesus!