Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, May 22, 2009

Giving Back



I believe that one of the most important lessons we need to learn in life is that no matter how little we have, or how "poor" we feel, we still need to give back to others who are in need or others we simply want to bless.
On my first trip to Africa, I remember being in a great big tent meeting with hundreds of people. When it was time to take the offering, they began passing around these huge baskets.

My first thought was so cynical,I still cringe when I think back to that night.
I arrogantly laughed to myself thinking how badly they "missed it" with the size of the baskets, after all I just knew no one in that crowd had the kind of money needed to fill those baskets. I soon found myself wanting to bolt from the stage in tears as the congregation began to fill the perfectly sized basket with clothing, food and money. How small my view of giving was and they just busted me.

I believe giving is key for the ladies in this program.
They have been given a great opportunity to change their lives.
Some grab at that chance and run with it and it is paying off big time in their lives.
Our ladies are required to "donate" one out of every ten purses as their tithe/offering back into this program to create a benevolence fund to help other ladies in our community.
Every once and awhile we are also asked to do projects for different groups here in Haiti.
This past week they worked on folding chair covers for the high school graduation at QCS.
We purchased twenty yards of fabric and supplies, they gave their time.
As I watched them work, I loved seeing the ladies put all their skills together and work together on this project!

So as you give by supporting us as a family or purchasing a bag, please know that our ladies are giving back by "paying it forward" to another woman in need.

1 comment:

Jess Furrow said...

that is so cool to think about the paying it forward. what a wonderful idea to have the ladies donate 1 in every 10 purses as a tithe, it really just makes me love what you guys do even more :)