Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, December 5, 2008

Marley and Me - The Original Version

I have never read the book, "Marley and Me" but I think about Marley here in Haiti when ever I see the book and say, oh, I should get that for Beth. I never did.
So today when I saw that they are doing the movie version, I was thinking - hey, wait a minute, we have the original version of Marley and Me.
When we first went to John and Beth's for dinner, I will be honest, I thought Marley looked like he could eat Parker. After all, Parker was only three. This was the same visit that I was talking to Beth about all my fears about being in Haiti with a three year old that was always putting rocks in his mouth and going outside with out his shoes on.
She said, just de-worm him when you get home.
Duh, why didn't I think of that? Ummm....why would I have thought of that. Who de-worms their kids in the States? Not me!
While we sat and visited I panicked becasue I hadn't seen Parker for awhile. I went to look for him and found Parker outside with Marley playing in the swimming pool that John will never put water in. Marley, the two hundred pound Mastiff was baby sitting Parker and playing ball.
From that time on Parker has always wanted his own Marley. We lived on a golf course in Florida. I could just see this two hundred pound dog chasing golf balls scaring everyone off the course.
Well, now we have our own version of Marley. But, our Marley's name is Harley (Marley is the Papa).
Thanks for the good name Maddie.
Yes, I am guessing he too will weigh close to 200 lbs when he is grown.

No comments: