Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Monday, December 15, 2008

Marjorie a.k.a Sheila

Everyone meet Marjorie a.k.a. Sheila.
Marjorie is me when I am not here or me when I am here at times. She is almost always on the same page with me and/or is one step ahead of me. She has been a great help in making the sewing program successful.
John called one day and said, Sheila, I have someone I would like you to interview to be your assistant, she is a friend of Junior's and went to school to be an accoutant. When she is at work she can be soft spoken. I know now that this is not the case because a few weeks ago she was asked to speak about the ladies retreat at our church. She stood with such confidence and said, Good Morning Church.....
Suddenly she had this very strong and confident voice. I was thrilled and did a little cheer from the back saying - hey, she works for me! (Thanks John!)
About two weeks ago Beth and Shelley started a Sunday school class for the ladies at church. I found out that she told John on Monday morning she didn't want to come because she could only see "gran moun" at the table. That means "old people". She just happened to be talking about Beth and I. When John busted her on Monday in front of me she quickly said she meant to say "mature".
Old or mature, black or white, that is what this program is about. Bringing hope to Haiti. It isn't about me staying forever, it is about finding really wonderful, strong Haiti women who can replace me and build upon the foundation we put in place together...building something that will stand on it's own with out me.

No comments: