Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, December 12, 2008

How It Really Works

Late Tuesday morning Suzanne came to me and said, we don't have thread for sewing the bags, we will need to go shopping. I have learned that shopping for thread here is only done as a last resort. The thread is poor quality for many reasons. It can be old, or it has been sitting out in the rain, humidity and heat for who knows how long and really ends up not being worth the money we spent to buy it. Suzanne wrote out a list for me as I was telling her, I just don't have it. I know she could hear me, she was only about two feet from me, but my words didn't seem to matter she just kept writing.

Uummm - Hello!! I don't have it. For those of you who want to know the truth about our program...this is how it works!
It always makes me laugh when John says, we are big time missionaries! I am not sure what that should look like or feel like but we are the kind that have to pray in thread and fabric!

Here is what an answered prayer looks like:

Wednesday morning Suzanne didn't say a word to me about the thread. I had remembered her list and told her I was meeting Ginger for dinner with Tara. I had never met Ginger and she had never met me. She had met Tara at a dinner in Minnesota and was coming to do some paperwork on her adoption. She sent me an email saying she was going shopping for fabric with her mom and girls and would be coming soon. It has happened time and time again. I never know what people are going to bring but it is always a treat to see what we get in. Thursday morning was better than Christmas here! Everyone stood around Ginger's suitcase cheering! The fabric was wonderful! Bright, new and everything we needed!

Oh! Suzanne's list.....I crossed off every single color with the exception of yellow and sent it home as a "thank-you" note for Ginger's mom who couldn't make the trip with her for health reasons.

No comments: