Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Travel

Traveling from Haiti is always an adventure. This trip was no different. It left Haiti at 9:00am Thursday morning. I took three planes to Kansas City getting to my hotel at 1:00am. I was not happy to learn that I couldn't get a Starbucks in Ft. Lauderdale - what is up with that? But, they did have free wireless Internet. At my stop in Dallas they took a guy off on a stretcher, not sure why? I got a lot of reading done and am loving the new book I am reading about a lady who lived through the genocide in Rwanda - "Left To Tell".

When I finally got to my room I was freezing and am still freezing! Thanks for the sweat shirt Tammy! How quickly I forgot it was really cold here in October. It is not cold in Haiti in October. Living in Haiti and making the transition back to the States is a bit odd at times. It is quite here, you can drive really fast, you can drink the water and take a hot shower.

When I woke up in the middle of the night in the hotel and found the room to be so black my first thought was - great we didn't get power and the freezer isn't working. As I drifted off back to sleep I remembered I wasn't in Haiti but I was in Kansas (City that is). It was still a strange feeling knowing I didn't need to worry about the power and that was the first thing I was thinking about.

So far the trip is going well....we had a purse party! More details on that idea later. I will also be posting Corrigan's great video for God's Plumbline. Thanks for busting Dan - Corrigan!! Woot!

The Rice Family has been great. Joseph loved his Ragaman!

Peace Out Peeps!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time come to the states you should bring me some of my kids :)
Grace