Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Monday, March 3, 2008

Google Earth

On Friday, as we finished up with sewing class, Beth dropped in with some friends to show them the sewing program and asked if I wanted to have lunch with them. I could honestly spend my whole week here at the house and not go out until Sunday for church with all that I have to do, so I jumped at the chance to hang out with this group that I love. It would take me a bit to clean up, so I said I would tap tap over and meet them in a few minutes. After lunch, we would try to find Sisters of Charity - Hospital for the Dying for John and Beth's daughter Morgan who will be coming in today and wants to do some volunteer work for them. We finished lunch while Jen, the doctor, was on Google Earth looking for our destination - In Haiti! (Hello!) We thought we had a good idea of the general area, so we all piled in the car and off we went. We Googled ourselves pretty close, but had to stop and ask for directions a few times. Finally, we found a very kind older man who got in the car with us and took us where we needed to go. Go figure! Google Earth -vs- A Wise Old Man!

Now, I don't always like to talk about things that are hard here, but Haiti is hard. Really hard! After parking we found the sister in charge who gave us permission to walk around. I am guessing because Jen, the doctor, was with us. We went upstairs to the woman's section, did a quick tour, returning to the first room at the top of the stairs. As we walked in again, I could feel the tension in the room, with a quick glance around I saw the problem and said, Beth, I think we should pray for this lady! That quickly the room was filled with crying that you would never hear in the States. She was gone. I can't seem to shake the picture of those thin, poor, sick ladies laying in the beds alone. I keep thinking, we can Google the whole earth so we can see it, but, we can't really see it. We can't seem to get rid of so many painful things on earth, like people dying alone, HIV, mama's who deliver babies alone with out any help and kids without food or medicine.

So, for now, we will continue to work in our one little area here in Tabarre, while others continue to work to also make a difference, in Haiti, and so many other places on earth. I wonder if we can Google heaven? I think that is where another wise man keeps all the answers.

No comments: