Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Art Adventure






The past two weekends we have been able to get out as a family and see some new parts of Haiti. Today we went to a small village called Croix-des-Bouquets about thirty minutes from here to see all the artisans who create a large part of the tin art here in Haiti. I love going out of the city. I love being with all the people and seeing the good parts of Haiti. Life is so different outside the city. I love the art work and I love having the freedom to walk around with my camera taking pictures and talking to the people. Maddie and Parker had never really been out in the village to experience these things first hand and they loved it. As we walked the little kids yelled "blan"(white) hoping I would stop and take a picture. It was a game. They yell, I stop with the camera ready to take a picture,they run and hide. I love it and am willing to play with many of them the whole time we stayed to look at art. Well, really, Dan did the shopping, I looked at a few things I liked, but I loved taking pictures. Dan said, the digital camera is paying off already since I took 91 pictures.

1 comment:

Alyssa Rae said...

so you went where Wyclef Jean was born....Croix-des-Bouquets....thats how its spelt....I am so jealous.