Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Independence Pass (Aspen)






Dan spent a summer in Aspen when he was eighteen and loved it!
He has always talked about the trip he made as one of his favorite memories.
So when he said he wanted to take us for a day trip, part of me wanted to go, the other part of me didn't want to do a three hour road trip after we had found a small leak in our radiator.
We had patched it the day before and poured in some stuff that was suppose to plug the leak.
I didn't want our first test run to be in the mountains, so Dan humored me and went to the grocery store for a "test run".
I wasn't thinkin' it was close to the same thing but we made turkey, Swiss cheese and pickle sandwiches and off we went.
The kids had a movie on and we found the greatest radio station playing Van Morrison, The Guess Who, U2 and Elton John.
About an hour into the trip I got out my camera to take pictures.
It was dead!
Not kidding!
I was so mad!
I had taken the time to recharge the battery and now for SOME reason it wasn't working!
Errr!!
Dan made "good picture" jokes the whole way to Aspen!
We finally pulled into Aspen! Oh my gosh! I loved this town!
Note:....no radiator problems!
We finally found a Wolf Camera store and planned to buy a new camera battery, $59.00 - NOT!
The really nice guy behind the counter said, hey, I will just charge it for you - no problem.
We walked around, bought the required number of t-shirts for souvenirs and went back for my battery!
Life was good - again! I promised not to be such an airhead next time and actually test the camera "before" we left the house.
As we walked through the town I found a suit in the Channel store and bet it would cost as much as one years rent in Haiti!
Dan had to test my theory and go in and ask!
A mere $6,000 for the jacket and a cool $1,000 for the skirt!
It was six o'clock and I wanted to get back on the road so I could take all the pictures I missed on the way in.
For me, this trip was way up there with the Bad Lands.
It may have topped it for me!
For Parker, all was good because of the snow ball he tossed in the sun roof at Maddie who as watching a movie.
For Dan, it was a great walk down memory lane.
It only took twenty-eight years for him to finally show me this place that he loved and now I loved it!
Very fun day!

No comments: