Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Why Answers Take So Long


These may look like boxes and bins, for us they are answers to prayer.
As I thought about the stuff that came in on Thursday it reminded me of what our prayers look like in action.
In the boxes are an amplification system needed for Maddie and her special school needs.
At Christmas time, I talked to my friend June about the needs we had. I told her I was clueless where to start. I asked her to point me in the right direction to get me started. Instead, she said, I'm on it! I'll take care of it!
She called her friend Gloria, who called her friend Tina who said, I got it! Turns out she just happened to know how to get everything we needed. They boxed it up and got it ready to ship off to Minnesota so that Dan and I could bring it back with us in February.
I am not sure it had anything to do with rain, sleet or snow but the post office didn't come through with our boxes. Our departure date came and we returned to Haiti with out the system. I thought about it awhile and emailed Tara asking if she knew of a team coming in from Minnesota, who would agree to bring it in. She emailed Jeff who hooked up with Dan's brother Mike and got all the boxes packed and ready to come to Haiti.
Prayer answered after several weeks.

The other answer worked like this. I got an email from Kathy saying she had just bought 500 rolls of fabric on Craig's List for $2.00 each. She had them all at her house ready to ship to Haiti. She would just have to find a team coming in. As it turns out, the very next day Beth got an email from a team living near Kathy, saying they had extra room in their bags and wondered if we happened to need anything brought in?
Did we ever!
Within a couple of days from her purchase, 200 pounds of Kathy's fabric had made it's way here and was now sitting in the sewing school right here in Haiti.
Prayer answered in less than a week.

It seems to me that Gods answers are already there for us it just depends how many people the baton is handed off to in order for us to get the answer you need. Scripture talks about warfare in the heavens happening while our answers work their way to us. I understand that whole deal. I live it all the time as I am sure you do. Here on earth, it may only be two people who pass the baton or sometimes it is twenty-two people, but the answer is always on it's way and no matter how crazy it may seem in order for it to find its way to you.

One thing for sure... it will never be what you think.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
You are so wise. It is obvious that God is teaching you many things during the trials you are having in Haiti. It is all refining fire: the end product is Gold!