Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Friday, March 13, 2009

Habakkuk


The first time I really read the book of Habakkuk I was attending a ladies morning bible study with two of my three children. It wasn't an easy time in my life and I wasn't thrilled about doing a bible study on this book, not to mention I couldn't say the guys name right if you paid me. As we moved through the study each week the heart of the prophet unfolded and soon it became a book I loved.

Today as I was talking with a group of students from Judson University on spring break here in Haiti about our program. They had questions about vision, ministry and goals. I told them I wondered what Habakkuk would think of my interputation of his conversation with the Lord.

Then the LORD replied: "Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it. Habakkuk 2:2 NIV

I'm sure the idea of a web site, the internet and treadle sewing machines wasn't what he was thinking when he said make it plain. I'm guessing he was thinking more along the lines of the Flinstone's with a stone tablet, a nail type thing and a hammer or some funky paper, a crummy pen and black ink that gets all over everything after you have two words written down.

Our vision however looks like this with our new web site up and running. We are now standing on the rampart, so to speak, declaring...EMPOWER, REBUILD and RESTORE!

We hope that you will be apart of our vision and visit the web site and help the women and children of Haiti.

Please visit www.haitiancreations.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I purchased a beatiful handbag at Festival for Haiti in Minneapolis last November and I get so many compliments! I love the bag! I always enjoy telling people where I got it too! So glad to have the website to direct people to when they ask! Thanks so much for your ministry!