Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thorn

Today was kind of gross....well, not kind of, it was really gross.
Roseline didn't come to sew on Monday and wasn't here again this morning. I was disappointed that she didn't come because I see so much ability in her.
At about 11:00, I heard the gate close and looked up to see her walking in with her son who had his arm in a sling.
Oh, dear! What was wrong now?
She began to explain that the thick yellow paste all over his hand was butter. No, he hadn't been burned. He had been poked by a thorn. OK....why, butter? I never did really get an answer to my question. His hand was so swollen I couldn't imagine what had happened. I was thinking a bite of some kind. No, it was a thorn. I had her take him in the bathroom and wash his hand so I could see what was going on with his hand. When I got it under the light I could see a small scab like thing on the side. I touched it a bit and found that the thorn was still in his hand and had been for the past three days. As I touched it he wiggled and made faces - it had to come out.
About this time Dan was in the kitchen making eggs and Spam. Yes, Spam! His new favorite breakfast meat. I am sorry, but I can't even really talk about it because I still can't believe that he really likes it. Remember, I am in the clinic room about to pull out a thorn that has been festering for three days and this kids hand is three times bigger than it should be. That can only mean one thing...it was going to explode. Suddenly, with out any warning Dan says, do you want eggs and Spam? Pop! The thorn was out and I was really thankful for a strong gag reflex! The stuff that was pouring out of his hand didn't go well with the picture of eggs and Spam, trust me! Nor was it good that it drained junk for a long time mixing with the smell of Spam cooking!
I told you it was gross!
BTW - she did stay and sew after the operation!
Spam anyone!
Sorry!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

ok...that's sick.

samws said...

I would say that is what you call a "thorn in the flesh"