Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Midwife In Training (Haiti)

I’m back! Yes, you are all thinking correctly, it’s the crazy blonde woman’s child, Madisen. Now, you might be thinking that I need support for Costa Rica, but this isn’t the case 
(caught you off guard there, didn’t I).  
But I do need support this summer because I’m going to Haiti in July for my SENIOR summer! I am going to be there July 20th - 30th.  I’m going to work with Beth McHoul and the Heartline Ministry women’s program. Beth runs the program and helps the women down in Haiti with giving birth in a safe, clean and loving environment and teaches them to make healthy choices with their children until they are six months old. I will be shadowing this program because I want to be a midwife after graduation from high school and I am considering attending a midwifery school in the Philippines next year. I have known Beth for a long time and I feel very comfortable with her and her teaching me about a women’s body and process of childbirth.  Because this isn’t a “traditional” path to education I am looking for as much hands on experience as I can get while I pray about my choices for education abroad and the future. I feel very blessed to have this door open for me and am looking forward to learning a ton this summer. I have booked my ticket and am ready to see what God has for me on this trip.
The total cost of this trip is expected to be about $1500. This includes airfare, room and board at the guesthouse and transportation while in Haiti.  This is the part where you my audience come in. I really need y’alls help with me going Haiti.  I feel like this is what God is calling me to this summer.  Now, if you cannot give money I completely understand.  All I ask is that you pray for me and with me that the money will come in for me and for my safety and protection on my trip.  If you can send money, I ask that you send it to God’s Plumbline Ministries so we can track your tax-deductible donations. I have enclosed an envelope for you to make it easy for you.  
I want to “thank-you” so much in advance for all of your support and prayers for my trip and for me while I move into my Senior year of high school and plan for my future.

Sincerely,
Madisen Grace


No comments: