Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, October 27, 2012

What Wisdom Looks Like

I have lost track of the numbers of times I have prayed, make that begged for wisdom.
So many times life stuff had gotten the best of me. 
I needed wisdom in ministry, with my children, in my marriage and friendship.
Dear Lord, just give me wisdom in everything!  

The other day I came across this scripture in the book of James and it seemed to jump off the page at me. I thought to myself, sure is a good thing you did the Beth Moore study on the book of James.
It was obvious that I had read it because I underlined it. 
 But, I was coming up empty.
 I am reading James 3:17-18 and it seemed to me Beth had left out these verses . 
For some reason it all seemed new; had I ever seen these before. 

I stopped.
I read it again and again and again. 
I even took out my journal and wrote it out with my pencil.
It was so rich and full of life to me. 
All of a sudden wisdom seemed to be a real person.
Someone I should know, recognize face to face.
  
All this time I could have been physically looking for and asking for these specific things to be fruit in my life. 
If I was a list person here was the list. 
I could have been checking off boxes all this time. 
In all the times I have asked for wisdom I never thought about what it should look like (in me) or how it should act (in me).  
I just thought I would wake up and be way smarter than I was the day before. 
All of a sudden I would have the ability to be a really great wife and give really great advise to friends and never get mad at my children because I would have wisdom. 



Here is what James says, 

Wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure

then peace-loving 

considerate 

submissive 

full of mercy  

good fruit 

impartial  

sincere

It was so simple. This is what I should be have been looking for all along.




No comments: