Living The Life That God Has For Us....

God's Plumbline Ministries is called to repair devastation in the lives of God's people allowing restoration both physically and spiritually. Providing creative solutions for employment, education and life skills allowing God to repair and restore hope.  Empowering each community to establish a secure foundation both inside and out, while keeping in tact God given talents and uniqueness, not focusing on man's ways but God's ways.  Developing working relationships within social and economic circles, working hand in hand with community leaders to bring the love and compassion of Jesus Christ. 

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thoughts From South Africa

I have been looking through my pictures trying to help Caleb find a picture of himself for a school project. It isn't that his family doesn't have pictures, I am sure they have hundreds of them. When we moved here we didn't pack much of our personal stuff making it hard to do stuff for our kids at school. We don't have all the "just in case" stuff laying around making it hard to do last minute dress up days, spirit week and some normal school stuff like being student of the week. My computer has saved the day many times since I have so many pictures on it.

As I was looking through my pictures I came across this one from my second trip to South Africa. We had spent the day with our friends Ned and Susan visiting District Six and learning about the history of aphartide. I remember being emotionally overwhelmed at the end of the day.

I am not the kind of person that likes to debate politics and I was happy that we didn't have to listen to all the stuff with the debates for president this year. So, for what it's worth I think this sign makes a very powerful statement in Africa, Haiti or the United States.

No comments: